During her time working at National Museums Scotland, Jenni was hand selected by the Director of Public Programmes for a secondment with the newly created Digital Media Department, due to her enthusiasm for and commitment to social and digital media. She later built on this, when her husband’s work took the family to Berlin, by carving out a niche for herself in the city’s museum social media sector, working for a number of local organisations.
Most notably, she oversaw the strategic management and development of the Web 2.0 strategy and social media channels of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin (National Museums in Berlin) and the Deutsche Digital Bibliothek (German Digital Library).
One of my favourite projects at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin (SMB), was working with an external film agency to produce a medley of soundscapes, to bring alive artworks from across the collections, for each of the four seasons. Other favourites included working with the curator of the Kupferstichkabinett to organise a pop-up exhibit with artists voted on by the community, as well as running the ‘Kunstgeschichten’ series on Facebook – a weekly challenge inviting followers to create a story together in response to artworks from the collections. For their participation in Ask-a-Curator, which Jenni co-ordinated, SMB were named as a Best Practice example for museums in Germany.
In her own time, Jenni also worked together with a number of organisations across Berlin to run a series of museum ‘tweetups’ , experimenting with different formats. Furthermore, she founded Museum140, a non-profit initiative for bringing together museums and museum lovers through fun and engaging social media projects.
Previous Clients/ Partnerships
- asisi Panorama ‘Die Mauer’
- Berliner Medizinhistorisches Museum der Charité
- Buchstabenmuseum Berlin
- Bundesakademie für Kulturelle Bildung Wolfenbüttel
- C|O Berlin
- DDR Museum
- Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek
- Deutsches Currywurstmuseum
- Deutsches Historisches Museum
- Dokumentationszentrum NS-Zwangsarbeit
- Jüdisches Museum Berlin
- Kupferstichkabinett, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
- Lange Nacht der Museen Berlin
- National Museums Scotland
- Museum für Kommunikation Berlin
- Museum für Naturkunde Berlin
- Stiftung Stadtmuseum Berlin
- Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
- Tränenpalast, Stiftung Haus der Geschichte der Bundesrepublik Deutschland