Jenni has been working in the museum sector for over 15 years. She is an experienced freelance museum consultant, specialising in the areas of audience research and social media – with a background in museum education – and is also an experienced conference speaker and workshop leader.
Jenni holds an MA (Hons) in Scottish Ethnology & English Language from the University of Edinburgh, and an MA in Museum Studies with a focus on museum education from the University of Leicester.
She was awarded her Associateship of the UK Museums Association (AMA) in 2009. From 2008 to 2010 she served as Chair of the UK Visitor Studies Group, and was a member of the ICOM CECA Board from 2010 to 2013.
Jenni currently divides her time between Berlin and Edinburgh, and manages Museum140, a non-profit freelance initiative she founded in 2011 to run social media projects based around museums. Most notably, she has worked together with a number of organisations to run a series of museum ‘tweetups’, and in 2014 organised a city-wide ‘Museum Marathon’ in partnership with many of Berlin’s major players. As an advocate for children and families in museums, Jenni approached one of the museums in Berlin about developing a monthly event for parents and carers with babies, which she worked on with them together to make a reality. Over the past 18 months, she also built up ‘Berlin Museums for Kids’ – a monthly newsletter and Facebook community with weekly tips and news.
Jenni is available for freelance work and conferences.
- Asisi: Social Media/ Online Communications (2017)
- Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek: Social Media/ Online Communication (2014 – 2015)
- Staatliche Museen zu Berlin: Web 2.0/ Online Communication (2012 – 2014)
- Perth College UHI: Visitor Studies Tutor (2012)
- National Museums Scotland: Education Officer, Visitor Studies/ Audience Research Officer, Social Media Officer (2004 – 2011)
- Smithsonian Institution Center for Folklife & Cultural Heritage: Education Assistant, Audience Researcher (2001, 2003)
- National Museum Wales: Education Assistant (2003)
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) & ICOM-CECA
- UK Museums Association
- UK Visitor Studies Group
A full CV is available on request.