Jenni has been working in the museum sector for over 15 years. She is an experienced freelance museum consultant, specialising in the areas of audience research and social media, and is also an experienced conference speaker and workshop leader.
Jenni holds an MA (Hons) in Scottish Ethnology & English Language from the University of Edinburgh, and an MA in Museum Studies with a focus on museum education from the University of Leicester.
She was awarded her Associateship of the UK Museums Association (AMA) in 2009. From 2008 to 2010 she served as Chair of the UK Visitor Studies Group, and was a member of the ICOM CECA Board from 2010 to 2013.
Jenni currently divides her time between Berlin and Edinburgh, and manages Museum140, a non-profit freelance initiative she founded in 2011 to run social media projects based around museums. Most notably, she has worked together with a number of organisations to run a series of museums ‘tweetups’, and in 2014 organised a city-wide ‘Museum Marathon’ in partnership with many of Berlin’s major players. She is also available for freelance work and conferences.
- Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek: Social Media Manager (2014 – 2015)
- Staatliche Museen zu Berlin: Social Media Manager (2012 – 2014)
- Perth College UHI: Visitor Studies Tutor (2012)
- National Museums Scotland: Education Officer, Visitor Studies/ Audience Research Officer, Social Media Officer (2004 – 2011)
- Smithsonian Institution Center for Folklife & Cultural Heritage: Education Assistant, Audience Researcher (2001, 2003)
- National Museum Wales: Education Assistant (2003)
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) & ICOM-CECA
- UK Museums Association
- UK Visitor Studies Group
- Deutscher Museumsbund
A full CV is available on request, in English or German.